Friday, June 11, 2010

Control Yourself!

I love how almost every Hot Yoga class I go to, the intructor always begins by saying "Let go of the day. Let go of whatever brought you here today. Let go of that person..." It seems that many of us are driven to Hot Yoga to find some stability, especially emotionally, and as much as you may want to deny it, your reason for coming may be to help forget about that one person or to just do better for yourself. I'll admit it, I've been guilty of this. I read this short quote today on emotions and how thoughts manifest themselves into actions and I feel that Hot Yoga can really help strengthen you not only physically, but mentally and emotionally.

"Remember that our physical actions are nothing more than a recording of what's going on in our mind. So in saying that; be sure to control what's going on in the mind so you can control your life at all times. Don't let you emotions direct your life. Emotions are nothing more than temporary illusions." -Maurice Clarett

I know that my emotional state is reflected in the strength of my poses in my practice. When I'm feeling out of control or that my life is out of balance, I have a hard time physically balancing in my poses.

A word to the wise, practice controlling what's going on in your mind so that even when you're caught off guard, you won't regret your actions later.

No comments:

Post a Comment